Commercial roofs can experience a variety of issues over time. It is imperative for business owners and facility managers to understand what to look out for and when to contact a professional roofing company. The earlier that they can detect roofing problems, the less expensive the repairs and the less likely a full replacement is necessary.
The following are the common commercial roof problems:
- Leaks – All types of commercial roofs are vulnerable to the damaging effects of leaks and moisture infiltration. Even when you leave a minor leak unattended, it can result to a larger issue.
- Ponding water – Practically all commercial roofs are flat, which means that if rain occurs, it can result in ponding water. As water collects in an existing pool, it can compromise the roof’s surface.
- Improper installation and workmanship – If a contractor performs the roof installation or service poorly, it leaves the roofing system susceptible to multiple problems.
- Roof punctures, wind uplifts, or blow-offs – If a roof is inadequately installed or not regularly maintained, it is vulnerable to billowing, wind uplifts, and blow-offs that can cause significant roof damage.
- Surface erosion or breakdown – Ridging, blistering, and splitting can result to premature roof aging or breakdown.
- Roof cracking or shrinkage – Over time, thermal shocking from damaging UV rays can deteriorate a roof, leading to cracking and shrinkage to the roof’s surface and making it vulnerable to more damage.
If you are experiencing any of these issues on your commercial roofing system, Bronco Roofing & Construction is experienced and skilled enough to resolve the issue at a reasonable price. With over 20 years of experience, we have a thorough understanding of roofing systems to make the best decisions for your roof.
Contact us today and request a free quote.