When it comes to choosing the right roofing contractor for the job, whether commercial or residential, it is imperative to conduct a significant amount of research. However, you may be asking yourself, where should I start?
The following is a list of helpful tips to make your selection process much easier:
- Never choose a company based on price. It’s important to understand that price isn’t everything. If you decide to choose a roofer due to a cheap price, expect to get a cheap job. You may even end up spending more money on repairs later down the road. The best way to obtain a reasonable price is to contact multiple roofing contractors and access the market price for the job that needs to be done.
- Insurance is necessary. Ensure that your contractor has workers’ compensation and liability insurance. Additionally, ask to see the certificates and even contact the insurance carrier to confirm that they are valid.
- Make sure they offer warranty for their roofing work. Ask how long the roofing contractor guarantees its work. A typical roof warranty lasts for a year, while others last even longer. However, the manufacturer usually covers the materials, while the roofer covers the work, which means two separate warranties are necessary.
- Make sure they have a roofing contractor license. Roofing contractors should either be licensed by the city or the state.
- They have great communication skills. In regards to any successful endeavor, communication is key. If you encounter a company that doesn’t return your calls in a prompt manner or didn’t follow through with what they told you, then it’s best to look elsewhere.
- Get the roofing job details in writing. Having the details of the work holds the roofing contractor accountable for the job they are set to perform. Additionally, don’t pay the full amount until the work is complete.
- Ask for references. This gives you the opportunity to visit and check previous roofing work completed by the roofer.
If you interested in our Weatherford roofing services, contact Bronco Roofing & Construction for a free estimate today.