Whether you have a brand-new roofing system or an older one, it is imperative to keep in the best possible shape for the longest period of time. In addition, frequent roofing maintenance can actually prolong its life and prevent you from having to replace it prematurely.
The following are effective ways to make your roof last long:
- Clean the gutters. Clogged gutters can result in ruined paint on the siding and even a wet basement. When leaves create a significant pile in the gutters, water can seep into the roof sheathing and rot it. Cleaning your gutters each fall and spring and help you avoid fixing the damage caused by clogging.
- Get rid of leaves. If you don’t remove the leaves left by towering trees, they will trap moisture and eventually decompose, allowing more moisture to accumulate on your roof or create a fertile ground for weeds to grow.
- Trim overhanging branches. To prevent trees from depositing leaves on your roof, as well as rodents and insects access to your roof, tree-trimming can go a long way.
- Prevent ice dams from forming. If your roofing system experiences ice buildup every winter, removing some or all of the snow may prevent leaks into your home.
- Inspect your roof after every storm. Keep an eye out for any loose or missing shingles and damaged flashing around vents, chimneys, and other openings. If anything seems out of order, contact a professional roofer to conduct a thorough inspection.
Contact Bronco Roofing & Construction and request a free estimate today. 25+ years of professional roofing experience!