As summer comes to an end, the arrival of fall is now upon us. In addition to the change in temperature, the fall season is associated with inclement weathers, such as rain and high winds. To ensure that your home is performing at peak efficiency, it is important to conduct maintenance on your home to prepare for the fall weather.
The following are maintenance tips to conduct before fall officially arrives:
- Have roofing professionals inspect your roof. Whether your shingles are damaged or leaks are present, the end of the summer season is a good time to get your roof repaired or replaced.
- Check your gutters and downspouts. Since the trees will begin to shed their leaves, you must clean your gutters so that they are free of any debris and leaves to prevent roof and siding damage. It may be a good idea to add gutter guards to your home if you do not have any.
- Inspect your window seals. On occasion, a change in temperature can result in your window seals cracking or shrinking. Check your windows for any indication of leaks or drafts that might be entering your home. Just adding a weather strip, or replacing a faulty window altogether, can reduce your energy costs throughout the colder months.
- Increase lighting in your home. If you have not done so already, adding more lighting to walkways or the front of your home can make it more visible when the days start to get dark earlier.
- Add a chimney cap. Having a cap on your chimney deters critters from entering your home and looking for warmth. If you haven’t don’t so already, have your chimney cleaned and inspected.
For more information about our services, contact Bronco Roofing & Construction today.